Hi, I’m Casey Matthews. I write about wizards and stuff. I like three things in a story: being made to think, to feel, and to see.
Here are some facts about me:
- I’m not an escaped lab rat bouncing around on a keyboard.
- I was a middle child and it shows.
- Grew up in the Rust Belt, which you never really get away from.
- I’m the only writer on the internet who doesn’t own a cat. Again, this is NOT because I’m a lab rat. It’s the pet fee.
- I actually would really like a cat but I’m worried it would eat my food, because sometimes I leave a sandwich on the counter and walk away from it. I’m not sure I can handle that kind of stress in my life right now.
- While we’re on the subject of animals, I saw this guy driving around in my neighborhood in a pickup, and he had his dog in the passenger-side seat and his girlfriend stuck in the middle. I thought it was unfair at first, until I saw that dog’s expression and realized no one could possibly enjoy an open window more than a dog. This is all to say that, really, if we as a species care about maximizing lived happiness, we should probably be doing more for dogs.
- If we’re ever in an argument and I’m legitimately hurtful, the safe word is “Pineapples.”
- Spider-Man is my role model. Power and responsibility, yes, but also because he can pace on the ceiling and I really respect that.